Monday, May 25, 2009

May 26, 1996




She was just a skinny little 10 year old; she looked like every average kid out there. But if you could of seen her heart you would of seen pain, suffering and bleeding. If you would of seen her soul it was black as coal, old and dirty. On May 26, 1996, in what normally was the cafeteria for the campgrounds, was a small church gathered together for a Memorial Day “Family Camp”. Three little wayward sisters, who had just been introduced to the a "new" part of the family where able to go to this forest retreat. After a service, preached by Bro. Hopkins, who has now gone on to be with the Lord, that skinny little girl stood up wanting to know more. Who would of known on that day, the Windows of Heaven would open and come down to this lost little girl in the world, but Thank God it did happen.

13 years ago today, I was received the gift of the Holy Ghost. Love, Forgiveness, Peace, Joy, Happiness came face to face with Pain, Strife, Sin, Sadness, and Sorrow in one little girl. I loved the feeling but didn’t understand at the time. Growing up catholic this was quite different. With my two cousins, who now are two of my greatest friends stood on either side of me. The night I received the Holy Ghost, Sis. Abbott would write a song that many years later would be sang by that same little girl in the choir one day.

I still can remember that day, it was so distinct in my mind. In my “old age” my heart is tender towards memories like this one. Tears well up in my eyes. While I sang the song of Redemption, the Angels in heaven all stop to listen and they rejoiced. Nothing else would get their attention so strongly. I can’t believe that 13 years later, I would be where I am today. No longer a broken weary little girl, but almost 25 year old young lady walking with my Savior by my side. I’m not perfect but as the kid song goes, He still working on me. I didn’t dedicate my life to God till 2 years later when I was 14. (Yes I know how to count, everything fell near my birthday, Holy Ghost at 10 in 96’ before my birthday and dedicate my life in the summer of 98’ after my 14th birthday. It's not easy doing the math! LOL).

This summer will be 11 years now that I have served the Lord. I don’t regret a day that has gone by. My choose was thought to be influence by others, after all how can a 13 almost 14 year make such a choose. I was not your average teen, I had gone through so much, I was so much older though I look younger. I tell you now no one made me do it, no one brain washed me to live for the Lord. I could of turn my back on Him so many times, but if I turn my back on Jesus, who do I have to turn too. Where could I go but to the Lord.

Sis. Abbott, wrote “Come On In” 13 years ago, the chorus goes like this: “Come On In, Sweet Jesus, Come On In, You know the door is open wide, Come in Sup with us tonight, Filling Us with Holy Ghost Wine, Come On In” For that little 10 year old girl, she did eventually asked to have Jesus Come on In for the rest of her life. The song verse also fit the day she received the Holy Ghost. Verse One: “Well I came into the church house, I was dry, so dry, I needed a Holy Ghost blessing from on High, Well as the church began to sing, those joy bells begin to ring, and I felt a Holy Ghost drenching drawing nigh.” 13 years later, when I am down, when my soul thirst and I hunger for the Lord I can sing the second verse and know that what happen on May 26, 1996, will happen again and I will be able to invite Jesus in again for Supper time. “Well I left a different way then I came in, I left with strength to face a world of sin. And when my cup starts feeling low, there a secret that I know, I just ask for His refreshing once again!”

Jacqueline

No comments: