Monday, May 18, 2009

For Bri

Hi Bri,


Ok so you have no idea who I am but I'm posting this anyways. Awhile back some of the younger girls in my church were talking about a young girl in California who was very sick, that was you. I can't remember exactly when I first heard about you having cancer. I am a cancer survivor. I was 22 when I was first diagnoised. I have always had a great burden for young ladies so when I heard you were sick it struck even deeper in my heart. I understand what it is like to be sick as a young person. I understand most like better then most, but there some things I don't fully understand.


When I heard the news about you, I would often pray. In fact I did not even know your name until this last year. God has placed several young ladies also were very sick, but you were special to me. You were the girl I didn't know. Now I know your face and name. I see the attitude that you have and I must admit I am ashamed of myself. I did not have such a good and cheerful attitude during that time, I was just barely dragging myself from day to day. I see what you mean to those around you.


On May 8th, I participated in a Relay For Life with the American Cancer Society, an event my work was participating in. I had a luminare dedicated in you honor. I spoke at the Relay, I mention a couple of my young friends who have fought cancer or are currently fighting cancer. I just want you to know that I did this small thing in honor of you.


I know that the American Cancer Society is not going to cure your cancer, but I know a God who can. Even if it takes doctors to do it, like God allowed for me. I pray for strenght for each day for you. One day, I know I am going to give you a hug for reals instead of asking other to do it for me. One day, I'm going to head over there and meet this amazing girl I hear so often about. But most of all, One day Bri, you and I will walk on streets of gold and never have to worry about Cancer again!!!


Your Unknown Friend,


Jacqui






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o Jacqui
That is sooo sweet!!! I dont know you very well at all either but i am overwhelmed and speechless about ur compliments. But there is one thing that im not amazed about is that im doing so good and having such a god attitude and being a light into everywhere i go not cause of me but because of the BIG,AWESOME God that i serve!!!! God is SOOOO Awesome!!!!!
love ya and keep the prayers up for me and my family. Thanks for ALL the prayers

love, Bri

Jacqueline Suzanne said...

Dear Bri,

I was talking to my coworkers about how cheerful you are during your sickness. I said, I wish I could be that way when I was sick. My coworkers turn to me and told me when I was sick, I was always smiling and cheerful. It made them all ashamed of having a bad day by me. I sure don't remember that, I remember draging myself through work everyday. I believe that they were seeing the Holy Ghost, it sure wasn't me they were seeing!! I was to tired to function.

I will continue to pray for you and your family. I promise I will meet you and hopefully soon! So I won't have to keep talking about ya on blogs and have no idea who this strange girl is!!

I'm so glad you were able to see this! Love ya girl, Jac