Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Little Chocolate Chips

My Chocolate Chips! When we think about Chocolate Chips we think of those little burst of sweetness that add to an otherwise boring cookie or normal bread. But that not what I’m talking about, I’m talking about My Chocolate Chips, my Sunday school kids!!!

So first of all those who will think we are racist, wait a minute, before you casting the first stone! You see, we are always teaching our kids (both Sunday school kids and our own church kids) that God made each of us different. Some are tall or short, fat or skinny, dark skin or light, etc. We wanted them to understand that skin color didn’t matter. So if you were darker skinned: your chocolate, if you’re medium: your caramel and if you light skin: your vanilla! This brought things down to their level because they knew the difference in these types of candies or ice cream flavors or whatever and they all realize each was different but still was Mmm…good!!! Even sometimes better when you add them all together!!!

So after awhile I started calling my group of kids that I pick up, My Chocolate Chips. Now I have a group of different kids that I pick up!!! I have White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate; I sometimes even have Semi-Sweet Chocolate or little Carmel type chips!!! LOL

Now I’m not a Sunday school teacher but I’m a “Bus” driver for the kids! LOL Well in my beat-up old car!!! I do try to teach them songs in the car, or help them learn their bible verse while driving. I will try to talk to the older girls and instill whatever I can in their hearts. But I have a biggest prayer for them, all of the kids that come to our church that God will use these little Chocolate Chips for His Glory!!!

So take a minute and look into my little imaginative brain. You see, I see God rolling up His sleeves one day when these kids/chips have grown a lot in the Lord and have become little bits of sweetness and say “It’s Time” Putting on His chef’s hat and pulling out His mixing bowls and all the things He needs, with all the Angels watching on into the Big Kitchen!!! Then God starts, He starts putting in the eggs, flour and sugar mixing a little bit of salt and baking soda. Adding in brown sugar, milk and all the rest of the necessary ingredients except the chocolate chips. Pulling out His huge wooden spoon, He begins to stir. Now unlike me I would break into a sweat but God is too strong for that.

After all the ingredients are mixed, He puts in the best part the chips! Some He will mix a couple kinds, white, milk, dark chocolate or pits of caramel or toffee. Sometimes He will melt them in the ingredients or add only one kind to the mix. After He done He will bake His little creations. Oh yes, the mixing might swirl them around some and the cooking at 400 degrees might be rough but the end product is so mmm…good, sometimes you just can’t just eat one serving!!!

See God can add chips to about anything. He can add it to some Bread, or make Cookies. He can add these little bits of goodness, to muffins, or even pancakes. They can be toppings on ice creams, or melted to be added to other bake goods. The possibilities are endless, especially when God is cooking! God doesn’t over cooks the cookies and have burnt edges. The ingredients are always fresh. Never does God forgets to add the flour or mixes up the sugar and salt. God only uses the best chips.

So as I drive my little chocolate chips back and forth to church and as they sit in class and church learning the Truth. I see that God is getting these little chips ready to be used, or maybe pretty close to be added to a batter. What I can’t wait to see is the end results, the endless freshly cooked chocolate chip cookies, Banana Bread with Chocolate chips, double chocolate chip cookies with both dark and white chocolate chips. Even granola bars are better with chocolate added to the sorts! Can’t wait to see what He has in store for my little assortment of chocolate chips!!!

Till later,
Jacqueline

To see pictures of my chocolate chips go to this link...
http://picasaweb.google.com/jewelginty/Kids?feat=email#5367445865059171842
All pictures were taken by Gintyimages.com

No comments: