Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Time to Play and A Time to Cuddle

I don’t know whose fault it was hers or mine, I think we saw each other at the same time. She followed me as I walked by peering casual in. I brought my fingers to the window being careful not to tap, but she was glued immediately. She stood back and stared and I could hear a little growl from her little throat moments before she tried to attack my fingers. I laughed out loud! For ten minutes, I slowly moved my fingers across the window, for ten minutes she attempted to attack the window, licking, biting, growling and wagging her small little tail. I was captivated by her and she by me.

“Would you like to hold her?”

I hesitated for a moment, I knew better then to hold the puppy, I would get attached. I could not giver the home she deserved. I worked too much and didn’t have the best place for any pet. Still playing through the window I asked, “What kind of dog is she?”

“She a Shorkie, a mix breed, half Shih Tzu and half Yorkie, the best of both worlds.”

I smiled, she wasn’t the prettiest of the pups in the window, but her actions had caught my attention. She playfully “attacked” my fingers as the worker continued her sells pitch.

“So do you want to hold her?”

I hesitated for just a moment before agreeing. The little girl continued to play until she realized she was being dragged from her cage. By the time she got into the little room for “future” dog owners and their “future” possible pets she was shaking, scared down to her little paws. I set her on the ground but the cold tile just shaking worst. I got down on the floor and picked up the little shaking ball of fur and set her on my lap.

From that moment on she received a little nickname, “Girly”, which she responded too very well. First we played a little bit, but before long Girly was curled up in my lap fast asleep. I found out Girly had only been at the store for two days, she was the youngest and newest pup and I was the first to actually hold her.

Over an hour, Girly and I sat cuddled together; she managed to find every nook that she could hide her little face in. By the time I was getting ready to go she had wiggled her little body from my lap and into my arms. She gave me her best puppy eyes when I told the worker it was time to go. As I gave her over to the worker she barked but as I left she let out a little howl.

The departing of Girly and I was not sad, I actually felt quite comforted. In Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, it talks about the how and everything there is a season. Time for this and a time for that, time well for everything.

When first saw Girly, we were both captivated with playing with each other even if there was a glass panel in between us. Then before long we were cuddled together content to simply do that.

How often in our lives when it comes to God, we are the same. We can play before the Lord in many ways. Singing, shouting, or anything that might fills our heart full of joy. Then next thing we know God wants to simply gather us close and hold us. He reaches down into our little home and grabs us up in His arms. First, we maybe scared but we find our comfort and curl up maybe listen to hear God’s heartbeat. It maybe in our times of prayer, it might be in a church service or alone time with God. Sometimes we are so hyped up we never stop and finally God takes us and slows us down and simply cuddles with His children.

So the Bible says there is a Time for everything; a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, a time to dance a time for everything. But as Girly and I learned there is also a time to play and a time to cuddle!




Jacqueline


What Girly looked like, but not a picture of her!