Sunday, July 19, 2009

Heritage or Bust!!!



I don't know about you but planning trips are fun!!! I love looking for deals on hotels, mapquesting exact details, finally rented my first car (25 now) and so much more! Often I have everything planned out weeks in advance! I know exactly what time I'm leaving, how much I'm going to spend and so much more but when you travel with our youth group... You Just NEVER Know what going to happen!!!

Three months ago I had started the searching and had all the details planned out!!! Nothing was set in stone but I knew what I wanted. Then things started changing... first Br. Abbott said Jestina needs to go make away for her. No biggie, Mary and I added her to the fun. Then we had another friend wanting to come. Sure I was thinking, join us! BUT we had to look for certain kind of rooms. So I searched, searched and searched some more, I made phone calls, and got frustrated. With our budget, I knew we couldn't afford it so I wasn't quite sure what to do. But she backed out and then we were back to square one.

Now it was a month away, I had started really wanting to put things in order, BUT we had to much in the air. Other girls wanted to go but did they have permission, money or time off work!!!

3 weeks away, ok we finally made plans. We are renting this car cause it cheaper, Prepaid so that was in stone. We decided to go one less day, that was cheaper. Prepaid for the Hotel so it was set now too. Finally things were back in order.

But when week 2 came, I was in tears!!! All my set out plans were being asked to be changed. Since a couple hundred dollars of Non Refundable money was involved I was not a happy camper! I wanted to have everyone go but with cost, it was a choice, upgrade and have other fade out because of cost or say No!

Why had it come to being the bad guy! It seemed so simple but now it seemed so complicated! I wanted this to be a fun relaxing trip, I wanted it not to be stressful! I needed a break from work. I was at the point of a planning on having a two year old hiss fit!

Then a quote came to mind, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." ~Robert Burns, I had this planned out just planned out perfectly!!! I was stressing cause it wasn't going as planned!!!

Then a second thing came to mind, every time I try to plan a trip and everything falls through but some how by the grace of God, I get to go. It seems the Devil knows that I'm going to get really blessed at the conference and so he fights me.

Well Heritage is now less than a week away, everythings now is set and in order (or I think so) best of all, we didn't have to say "No" to anyone that wanted and could go. In fact it worked out really really well!!! I'm excited!!! Amazing how it works, it's Amazing how it worked out for everyone!!! Best of all I'm not as stressed, if something happens I know that God is in control. He will work it out for all of us. Beside it makes it a funner trip!!

So the Landmark Ladies... Mary, Reana (extension of the Landmark Ladies), Jestina, Elizabeth, Sheree and I are heading to Colorado for Heritage Conference 2009!!! Woohoo!!!! Can't wait to see what the Devil didn't want us to find out and what God has in stored!!

To Heritage or Bust!!!!

Jacqueline

1 comment:

jen lord said...

wow, you totally sound like me: love to plan but things/people always manage to screw up said plans!

hope you guys have a great time!