Monday, February 9, 2009

Two Poems

An old poem I wrote about 8 plus years ago easily. I'm not sure if I have it right I did it from memory.

Forever Friends

Silly old pictures put away in old albums
And pastime giggles forgotten or lost
Promises untold and wishes all the same
Dreams that were broken or just putaways
Secrets unfold and doors seem to open

One by one we go our way
All over but just the same
We send a prayer each and every way
All though we will miss you
We cherish you just the same
Forever and ever you will always be
My forever friend you and me


My niece, Aurora turn seven last week and I bought her a kid's bible. I wanted to write something in her bible from me. I had about five minutes and this is what I wrote.

Aurora's Bible

Keep this book near to you
The Words are pure and true
This is God's guiding light
The sharpest sword in the fight
It will always stay the same
And tell you about the greatest name
This will show salvation's way
That I pray you'll understand one day

I think I might add more to Aurora's Bible Poem. I will post a revised one if I do.
Jacqueline

No comments: