Friday, January 30, 2009

How did you feel when you came out of the wilderness?

Ok I wanted to stay away from just blogging "non stories" but I would like to ask for assistance for a story. I got inspired on the way home from work, when I saw a building that use to be a church we rented. It now a coffeehouse. But I was wondering if you could tell me in one or two paragraphs about when you got the Holy Ghost.

Where where you? How old? Can you tell exactly what happen? Who preached? What was significate about the day? Anything unique about the experience that pops out at you? Can you go back to the place you recieved the Holy Ghost? Has it changed any? I want to do an article on this and post it here.

I've heard of people getting the Holy Ghost at home, in a car, outside or during a normal church service. I also know that some of the place people got the Holy Ghost are now coffee shops, a parking lot or can still after many many years been pointed out.

Please DO NOT POST it here... Please simply email me at Jacquelinesc84@gmail.com It doesn't half to be long. For example my story...

I was 10 and have no knowledge of the truth when I got the Holy Ghost. I went to my current church's family camp up in Prescott, AZ. Being a smaller church the campground (that the district use to own) had a santuary that was very large. So instead we split the cafeteria up into the church and seating for eating. When I stood up and began to pray, I rememeber being told that I needed to repent. Growing up Catholic, I repented like any catholic would confessing each sin. Like hitting my brother, or saying a bad word. LOL I rememember that Bro. Hopkins preached but don't think I paid one ounce of attention to it. I rememeber think Bro. Hopkins was an old man and now I realize that he was not much older than I am now! LOL Sis. Abbott wrote a song that I now sing the solo part in our choir on the song. "Come On In" I have a lot of memories of eating camp food both good and bad in that cafeteria. I can rememember doing crafts, and bible lessons there. I can rememeber water fights and late night snacks and meetings in that Cafateria but the greatest is the night I got the Holy Ghost.

Please email me your story to jacquelinesc84@gmail.com Thanks a million!!

Jacqueline

2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

If I leave a comment what are you going to do?!?!

Jacqueline Suzanne said...

Not a thing but I just requested it because I can refer to it easier on a email then a blog. Thats why! LOL :-P