Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time Out for Victory Sunday

On Sunday Sept. 19th we had a time where everyone in the church wrote out there "Victory" Song about what God has done for us. It was AMAZING!!! I was fighting a battle just that day and it only got worst from there but the Song has given me strenght. I just wanted to share what I said on that Sunday...

In our songbooks, page 369 is one of our favorite songs; “All in Him” the verses are simply telling everything God is… “The mighty God is Jesus; the prince of peace is He…” All but one line in the four verses are biblically based; the song is very simple but has a strong message. When I reflected on this I began to hope I could write down something simple but with a strong message

I must admit I struggled a lot to try to figure out how to write: psalms or song, a poem or anything in that matter. I thought somehow I would be inspired to write something like God had done for me in the past. But as the week wore on I began to write down things Jesus was to me. As the list grew I realized this was my “Victory Song” what God is to me, this may be simple but when I look at this list almost every line I could share a story. I guess in the simplicity of it all to me it so much deeper. Just like in the song "All in Him" that uses what God is to us in way the list is similar to what God is to me but in my own words.

  • My Ever-Present Father
  • My Provider
  • The Reason I Sing
  • My Passion
  • My Comfort in Pain
  • My Healer
  • Always by my side
  • Light in the Darkness
  • You Hold Me
  • You are Good
  • My Very Best Friend
  • My Savior
  • My Inspiration
  • The Greatest Happiness
  • My Strength
  • Fixer of Broken Hearts
  • My Purifier
  • Worthy of So Much More
  • Simply Amazing
  • A Promise Keeper
  • The Silent Words in Speechlessness
  • My All in All
  • The Unexplained
  • My First Love
  • My Prince Charming
  • My Dreams Come True

Loving God,

Jacqueline Suzanne

1 comment:

JW Grisham said...

For someone who doesnt feel to be much of a writer, you did VERY well. I enjoyed it !!!!
GOd Bless,
JW