Monday, August 9, 2010

Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Sunday School

Br. Meyers preached our Back to School ralley tonight and did a totally awesome job! Made me want to actually get excited about going back to school if I actually do sign up for classes!!! Anyways, have you ever read that story about Everything I ever need to know I learned in Kindergarten? Instead I learn I find more out in church and sunday school then I need to know in church. The following is basically a recap of Br. Meyer's incredible message but in poem form! This ~ as always ~ is rough draft but I never could wait for the final draft to post it! I get to excited. So let me know what you think! I'm still doing little switchs here and there! Jacqueline

Everything I need to Know I Learned in Sunday School

From kindergarten to twelfth grade, no matter where I went to school
My teachers would teach me all kinds of things, so I would not be a fool

Science, math, history, my ABC’s and 123’s and even how to spell
If we were good we might have time for fun before they’d ring the bell

But as the years have past, and I have learned that things were not always fact
That the things that I learned in Sunday school would keep my life intact

Those lessons learned, and songs were song and even crafts that I made
Taught me things I would rather use, and things I’d never trade

‘Cause they were taught from the holy book which words that are always pure
To take you though time when even logic and facts simply become obscured

So let see what we have learned and see what’s false and what’s true
When it all though and things are done you might learn a thing or two

In Art, it was about the mix of colors and how you can create a perfect flow
But why does a black heart, washed in red blood always turns white as snow

It seems in Science this hairy monkey was some kind of kin of mine
But I have learned, I have a Great Creator with a perfect design

In Economics, it is all about how that I can simply invest
But I have learned to give my 10 percent, I will always be blessed

In Math class, one plus one plus one should always equal three
Add the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, and only One God is revealed to me

In History is about keeping the past, always present in our minds
But at a cross of Calvary, I have learned I can leave my past behind

In Physics, it was Law of Gravity, and what Sir Newton had to say
But I have learned when the trumpet sounds I will fly away

I have more understanding then all my teachers could ever show to me
When I read my bible, revelation can come, when I get down on my knee

So you may be a straight A student or not quite make the grade
But what you learned in Sunday School never ever will it fade