Monday, January 4, 2010

What do you mean its over?!?!?

What do you mean it’s over?!?!? It just happened and you’re already taking down the decorations. I know they have been up since the end of November but really so soon? You barely have finished assembling the “Only 10 easy minutes to assemble” toy of your child that took you days to figure out. Beside the kids haven’t finished playing will all the boxes and wrapping paper rolls yet… I mean toys that you bought for them.

Come on stores I mean why take down the Christmas decoration that you put up while the summer heat was still upon us. And the music I know I complained that if I heard “Jingle Bells” one more time that I would gladly swallow a whole box of bells! Yet what I would give to hear it one more time. Now all the cheer is seeing Christmas Clearance items, throwing it aside like you haven’t counted the days for months till that day! I know your tired from all the last minute shoppers but I miss you some how wishing even the grumpiest shopper a Merry Christmas!

Red I know isn’t my favorite color but to pack away my red Christmas sweater from Great Aunt Edna, yeah that one I had made fun of the other day when we went shopping. Yes, that one I said I would rather be hanging by my toes in the middle of the town square with tar and feathers on me then be caught in that thing. Hey I kinda like it now not so willing to put it away yet. It’s warm and cozy, besides how many sweaters can you find that have a reindeer that had a flashing red noise, bells and sings “Jingle Bells”, it’s a one of a kind.

Take down the Christmas lights, your dreaming I nearly broke my neck trying to put those up. I almost fell off the roof, ladder and almost tripped over the boxes. Untangling the lights was a story all on its own. Then making sure all of them worked correctly, out of 22 strings only 3 work, much better than last year when 35 strings and only 1 had worked. Then spending 8 hours at the store on which will be the best lights to put up. White, blue, red ,colored, blinking, icicles, then theirs white icicles, colored icicles, blinking red and green icicles, colored blinking icicles then you get those fancy looped looking things that never look as good as the box just to name a few. Then the Staple gun, I only stapled my thumb 6 times. Poor mailman, last I heard he is wearing a patch on one eye and is back to work. He asked to change routes they haven’t found anyone to deliver my mail yet.

Don’t we have at least one more practice till the pageant? You can’t say all the rushed practices are over. I know we crammed all those lines in those little kids head but surely we have more time. I was surprised we had enough bathrobes for the shepherds, good thing you let them borrow your husband’s robe, were you able to get all the hay off of it? Those Angels are crying because their halos are falling off. Oh and Mary is still blushing cause she has to walk with Joseph. And the wise men only tripped on their robes a few times. The pageant is barely over some how it ran smoothly. Maybe I’m not so upset about that being over!

Sigh, I’m not ready for Christmas to be over. I know it will be around again before I know it when everyone gets Christmas fever in July and starts singing “Winter Wonderland”. I know that stores will start putting up their decorations and count down the days scaring us on how many days left till Christmas, two hundred days before the holiday. Yet I’m not ready for Christmas to be over yet! So Merry Christmas to All and to all have a Good Night, (even if it too late or too early!)

Till Next Time,
Jacqueline

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jac,

Love the blog! I tagged you for a Kreative Blog Award, just check out my blog for the details.

http://missmelissamorris.blogspot.com/

Melissa