Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Princess Lessons, A Song and the Greatest Love Story EVER!

Ok so lately there has been an email going back and forth about love stories started by my best friend amoung a few friends! Talking about does some love stories make you gag or giggle or sigh or what. It just seems to keep taking a twist but since I work so hard on a reply all I figure I would share it. Recently we began talking about the famous Princess Stories... Here is what I wrote in reply! Enjoy!

Hey I still love them!!! The books I mean!!!! Did you know you can learn a lot from the Princess stories stuff you can put in your own life???

Ok I was thinking of the princess stories one day and started putting down a few things you can learn from them. Really!!! Ok so here ye all first "Princess Lesson" from Jac

1. Waiting! Each of the princesses waited, they waited for prince charming! They didn't complain, they didn't try to push things along. They simply waited! I find this the hardest for me, I don't like waiting! But each waited and because they waited when the right time comes, prince charming was a part of their lives!

2. Dreaming! So some don't agree that it ok to dream about your "prince". I disagree! It doesn't hurt to dream! In fact I have been told to write down by many preachers and elders in my life what I want in a husband, it helps you know what to look for. Remember to let God change your list sometimes!

3. Be Content! Cinderella and Snow White might not of had the best thing going for them when people were out to tear them down or even kill them. They made the best of the situation, being content and happy!

4. Work! Ok I know it a four letter word but it not bad! LOL Yes they worked and did what ever asked or even just what they saw that needed done.

5. Struggles! We think being a princess in a story can be easy but think about it they had struggles! Cinderella and her Step mom and step sisters, Snow White and her Step Mom wanting to kill her, Sleeping Beauty AKA Aurora, was almost killed but end up put in a sleeping trance. Beauty & Beast, Bell had to leave her father and live in a house with a beast! Etc. etc. Life isn't easy, sometimes thing happen but each of them appreciated their prince and new life so much more because of struggles and trials!

6. Kindness! They were kind to people, strangers, and even animals! They often look and treat people others would not try to see! Bell look past a mean beast and saw a prince! Cinderella found friends in animals, Snow White saw seven dwarfs that even though not perfect were good in their own way!

7. Not Perfect! We hoped that each princess was just perfect but they weren't! Each one one did things that I don't think were good example to us, even though we all can justify it with the situation. Cinderella would complain about her step mom & sisters behind their backs. Snow White disobeyed the dwarfs and talk to the stranger and was almost killed. Bell, would get mad, slam doors and disobey her captor at times. I'm not saying that it bad or easy but honestly they were not perfect!

As much as I love the princess stories, it pales in comparison to the greatest love story! The Love story of God and his bride! Lately, I have been consumed by the story! I think of the old song I use to sing... "Will You Marry Me?" here is the lyrics...

A young man left his homeland
On a search so grand and far
A mission of compassion
A journey of the heart
Looking for the treasure
That would make is life complete
Then at last he found her
On a dark deserted street
Her eyes were sad and empty
Her face had lost it's glow
Her body tired and weary
For sin was all she known
Lying the gutter she could not understand
Why he was kneeling down beside her
Holding out a nail scarred hand

Will You Marry Me?
Will you be my bride?
Will you marry me?
I can change your life
I have looked beyond your failures
And I see you washed as white as white can be
So I askWill you marry me?


I Love that song! Seriously think of it, a damsel in distress (Us and sin) and man comes to our rescue, taking our place so we can live. He rises again, and says to wait for him and he will return! He gave us a book full of love letters and stories (Bible) to teach us stuff, train us to be his perfect bride. He gives advices, stories and professes His Love in it! ~Sigh~ One day he will come back, sneaking us away to be with him forever. He is a king riding on a white horse and us riding beside him and we will truly live with him Happily Ever After!

No matter how much I love "Love Stories" I can't even begin to tell you what that story does for me! It makes my heart swell up with so much excitement, love, joy, peace and stuff I can't even begin to express! I love when Br. Abbott tells the story of Bride of Christ, I'm telling you it captivates my attention like it the first time I ever heard a story before! It awesome, it a story you must hear!!!

The best part is that story is not a fairytale but true and happening to us!


In Love with My True Prince Charming, Jesus Christ!
Jac

1 comment:

Cherylg said...

This was a wonderful post re waiting for your prince. I love how you ended it with the song and the closing paragraph. Thanks again for your fabulous posts.

Sis' Cheryl :)